Williamson Fire-Rescue is staffed by volunteer professionals. That means that virtually none of our firefighters are paid for their services! This is where YOU can give back to your community.
We accept volunteer applications all the time. If you are interested in being ONE of our family, you can fill out the online volunteer interest form. We will contact you (usually within 24 hours) with a detailed application form and setup an appointment to get you on your road to helping your neighbors in ways you likely haven’t dreamed of!
Williamson Fire-Rescue will provide 100% of the training and equipment required to volunteer at no cost to you! After completion of a comprehensive background check from the FBI, you are asked to complete a physical agility exercise that will help you to see what basic rigors you are going to be faced with. You are then required to attend and pass your training classes!
You will be required to take and pass the following Recruit Academy Career Path:
· FF050 State required Introduction to Emergency Services Class
· FF100 State required Basic Firefighting Class
· Tennessee Emergency Management Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations Courses
· 16 Hour State required Live Burn
· AHA BLS CPR Course
· State required Emergency Medical Responder (EMR) Course
· 12 Hour EMR Hands-On Ambulance Ride Along
Additional training is offered to continue the volunteer professional’s experience and career aspirations. These are typically handled through ongoing monthly training classes offered at each individual station.