How do I file a petition?

Our Central Intake Department is open Monday-Friday from 7:00am-10:00pm. Our Juvenile Judicial Commissioners are available to assist the general public and/or law enforcement when filing petitions related to delinquent/unruly behavior, and civil matters that include petitions to establish paternity, visitation, custody, and child support between unmarried parents. Petitions alleging dependency and neglect may also be filed.


After hours delinquent and unruly petitions may be filed with the Judicial Commissioner’s Office located inside the lobby of the Williamson County Sheriff’s Department.

Show All Answers

1. What type of cases does Juvenile Court hear?
2. How do I file a petition?
3. When is my court date?
4. How do I request a court appointed attorney?
5. What and/or who do I bring to court?
6. What do I wear to court?
7. Who do I contact if I have a question about a court order or how to complete any requirements?
8. Is a juvenile placed under arrest if they are handcuffed and transported to juvenile detention by law enforcement?
9. Are juveniles convicted of criminal offenses?