The Williamson County Landfill closes promptly at 3:30 p.m. Your load must be empty, and you must be leaving the facility at 3:30 p.m. If you cannot return to the scale empty by 3:30 p.m., you are not allowed to enter.
Landfill Load Limit Change for Residents
Effective January 2, 2023, Williamson County residents bringing debris to the landfill from their personal residence only may deliver up to 5 tons per year at no charge, excluding tires.
TO: Williamson County Solid Waste Customers
FROM: Mac Nolen, Director
Williamson County Solid Waste
DATE: January 11, 2022
RE: Price Increase
Effective February 1, 2022, the new pricing for Class 1 (household waste) and Class 3 & 4 (demolition) will increase to $75.00 per ton.
Effective February 1, 2022, Williamson County has implemented a tonnage limit on all commercial haulers of 300 tons per month, for each company. When this limit has been met, you will need to make other disposal facility arrangements.
These updates were approved by the Williamson County Municipal Solid Waste Board and the Board of County Commissioners, via Resolution No. 1-22-30.
Williamson County Solid Waste can only respond to animal removal calls for deer that are obstructing the roadway or are within 10 feet of the road.
- Solid waste does not remove animals other than deer.
- Solid waste staff cannot go on to personal properties (beyond 10 feet from a public roadway).
- Solid waste does not provide small animal removal services to the county.
- Please contact the Tennessee Department of Transportation for interstate and state highway removal requests at (615) 350 - 4400.
- All other removal requests should be directed to private companies.
The Williamson County Landfill
CANNOT accept rechargeable batteries.
Landfill Disposal Information
1. Convenience Centers
Must see attendant before unloading
- Williamson County residents only – from primary residence only
- Proof of residency required
- One trip per day
- Three cubic yard limit per day per household (approximately one level pick-up truck load)
- No Commercial loads accepted
- Rental property is considered commercial and must be taken to the landfill. Commercial rates apply.
For Williamson County Residents - from primary residence only
- Proof of residency required.
- Residents may bring large loads or multiple loads to the landfill only
- There is no charge for Williamson County residents for up to 5 tons per year
- Rental property is considered commercial. Commercial rates apply.
Note: Please have a Photo ID and proof of residency ready for the Scale Operator to review upon arrival. The Williamson County resident must be present with proof of residence at the time a load is delivered to the landfill to receive the no charge cost. This applies to primary residence only. The no charge cost is limited to the first 5 tons of Class I waste, class III/IV waste, and/or brush per calendar year per Williamson County residential household. Receipt of the no charge cost is strictly dependent on the Williamson County resident meeting all of these requirements, all policies of the Williamson County Solid Waste Department, and all applicable laws, rules, and ordinances..
Commercial loads – must be from Williamson County only
- Rates as of February 1, 2022
- Brush - Clean wood waste and chips - $40.00 / ton
- Class I - Household garbage - $75.00 / ton
- Class III / IV - Construction / Demolition - $75.00 / ton
- Manifested Waste Tires - $45.00 / ton
- Non-Manifested Waste Tires - $115.00 / ton