- Emergency Services
- WCSO Employment
- WCSO Sheriff’s Deputy Detention Division
WCSO Sheriff’s Deputy Detention Division
Fully Deputized/Sworn Detention Deputy
Starting pay: $25.36
2% per full year of law enforcement/corrections experience up to 5 years
- Overseeing the care and well-being of inmates
- Ensuring the security of the facility
- Managing critical incidents within the facility
- Monitoring inmate movement and completing security rounds throughout the facility
- Conducting searches of cells, inmates, and visitors
- Prepare and submit appropriate criminal, disciplinary, and internal incident reports
- Oversee meal pass, medication pass, and any other programs as needed
- Providing security and conducting inmate related transports
- Assisting with the inmate booking processing
- Conducting investigations and completing reports related to the incidents
- Keeping accurate logs of the day’s activities
Minimum qualifications required for this position are:
- Must be at least 18 years of age and a citizen of the United States.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must not have been convicted of, plead guilty to, or entered a plea of nolo contender to a felony charge or to any violation of any federal or state laws or municipal ordinances related to force, violence, theft, dishonesty, gambling, liquor or controlled substances
- If prior/current military, must have an honorable or equivalent discharge on file
- Must successfully pass a Functional Fitness Test (FFT).
- Must successfully pass a drug screen.
- Must successfully pass a psychological assessment.
- Must successfully pass a polygraph exam.
Detention Training Academy
- 5 weeks long
- Physical training everyday
- Legal Courses
- Less than lethal exposures and training
- Weapons training
- Self-defense training
- Tactical medical and room clearing training
- Transport training
- $425 a year
- Breathable and comfortable
- Stab and bullet resistant vest
- Beards and tattoos are allowed
- Overtime available
- Advancement opportunities in and out of division
- Pull own warrants and press charges
- Paid bi-weekly
- Court room experience
- Open range days- ammo included
- Yearly and additional training options
- Meal provided for each shift with fridge and microwave for personal items
- Military Drill Pay- 20 days allotted with option to use 5 sick days, vacation, or leave without pay
Please follow this link to access the application.
**If using a mobile or tablet device to complete the application, please download the free Adobe Acrobat App and import the file for easier completion